Posts Tagged ‘upper west side’
Many NYC residents will argue that there’s nothing greater than a happy hour with friends after work. When you combine discounted drinks with solid pub fare, you’ve got yourself a magical three hours on a weeknight. Joe’s, a cl...
Discerning burger connoisseurs need look no further than this busy burger bar in Hell’s Kitchen. Island Burgers and Shakes offers a wild mix of high-quality burgers and chicken sandwiches that makes them a great lunch, dinner o...
They say the kitchen is the heart of the home because food nurtures the mind, body and soul, and this Mediterranean kitchen does exactly that. Hummus Kitchen —a kosher Mediterranean spot on the UES of Manhattan —creates a magn...
There’s something about the combination of margaritas and tacos that can brighten up any day. Gloomy outside? Boom, take the edge off with a cold margarita served over ice with a generously salted rim. Strapped for cash? There’...
New Yorkers used to think that Dylan’s Candy Bar held a monopoly as the one and only kid-dazzling candy wonderland, but hold onto your horses because Sugar and Plumm has come to town. One step into this kidtopia with candy-coat...
New York. The 1920s. Prohibition. Not to fear, there’s still somewhere to wet your whistle. There’s a speakeasy over on Columbus. Just say my name and they’ll take care of you proper. But shhh, keep it under your hat… if ...
Known as the Upper West Side of Manhattan’s favorite bakery, Silver Moon has acquired a sweet reputation for out-of-this-world French pastries and handmade French coffees. Among the numerous cakes, pies, breads and pastries, s...
Owner and founder Jacques Torres has transformed himself into a real-life Willy Wonka and turned Jacques Torres Chocolate into the destination for chocolate lovers. Beginning in 2000, Torres began his quest to bring artisan cho...
This Southwestern restaurant, with a bar in the front and a larger dining room in the back has become an Upper West Side favorite for its good food and even better margaritas. Apart from the usually Tex-Mex fare, Santa Fe also ...
Named after a major Ethiopian river, Awash has been introducing New Yorkers to Ethiopian cuisine since 1994. Having successfully expanded, first to a second Manhattan location, and then to Brooklyn, Awash has established itsel...
Step your 'festivities' game up with these spots
- Tequila Makes My Clothes Come Off
- Big Balls of MEET
- Over-sized Cheese Sticks, Flaming Drinks, and a Lot of Dancing
- Margaritas, Tacos, and Something Called the Sugar Skull Room
- Burgers, Wings and Football Things
- Get Drunk on Hot Tea at Brunch
- A Stylish New Take on Classic Irish Fare
- Dining Out… The Proper Way
- Authentic Greek Cuisine and Craft Beer Flights
- No Crap on Tap & Bangin’ Diversified Food
- A Midtown Gastropub on Steroids
- Bacon, Egg and Cheese Waffle Sandwich and Bloody Marys
- It’s Not Just a Place for Drinking – The Library Cafe
- A Drink Called the Burt Renolds and a Burger That Can Cure Any Hangover – Joe’s Bar
- Three Floors of Food, Drinks and Celebration – Madison Square Tavern
- We’ve Got Your Cinco De Mayo Plans for Next Year – Del Fuego
- $20 AYCD Brunch in Union Square – SideBAR
- 340+ Beers on the Wall – Lionsbeerstore
- Your New Local Watering Hole in Bed-Stuy – The Wilky
- One Hell Of A Happy Hour With A Side Of American Cuisine – Public House
- Lunch. Views. Cocktails. – The Penrose
- Sambuca Shrimp, Shepherd’s Pie Empanadas, and the Big Kahuna Burger – Austin’s Ale House
- Creole food in an Electric Atmosphere with a Live Jazz Band – Big Daddy’s
- Margaritas. Tacos. Bad Decisions. – Cascabel Taqueria
- Where to Eat on New Year’s Eve in NYC – Hakkasan
- Purple Haze, and Two Exotic Drinks Called the “Salty Dawg” & the “Harlem Sizzle” – Harlem Nights
- The Perfect Place for a Renaissance Date – Nitehawk Cinema
- Mark Wahlberg’s Food ‘n’ Festivities “No BS” Shout Out
- Midtown 1015 – Halloween (2012)
- The Good Life – Good Beer, Good Food… Good Life